#1 Spot for Most Popular Roadtrip Song Revealed
Analysed Spotify data has revealed that the number one most listened to road trip song is Mr. Brightside by The Killers.
Website findandfundmycar.com analysed 10,000 songs featured on Spotify playlists with ‘road trip’ or ‘driving’ in the playlist title to reveal which songs and artists are most commonly featured.
Taylor Swift takes the number one place for the most featured artist, although none of her songs appears in the top 100 most popular songs.
The top ten songs featured in the playlists are:
1. Mr. Brightside – The Killers
2. Don’t Stop Believin’ – Journey
3. Party in the USA – Miley Cyrus
4. Umbrella – Rihanna Ft. Jay Z
5. Replay – Iyaz
6. Payphone – Maroon 5
7. Hey, Soul Sister – Train
8. Levitating – Dua Lipa Ft. DaBaby
9. Don’t Stop the Music – Ed Marquis (Rihanna cover)
10. Teenage Dream – Katy Perry
Despite taking the number one spot on most played songs, The Killers are just the 62nd most popular artist on the playlist.
The top ten artists featured in the playlists are, from 8,742 songs:
1. Taylor Swift – 189 times
2. One Direction – 156 times
3. Rihanna – 133 times
4. Ariana Grande – 118 times
5. Justin Bieber – 104 times
6. Maroon 5 – 82 times
7. Katy Perry – 79 times
8. Chris Brown – 70 times
9. Miley Cyrus – 67 times
10. Drake – 65 times
As for albums, two One Direction albums featured in the top 10, as well as two Ariana Grande albums. Taking home the number one spot for most featured album is One Direction’s Midnight Memories, with songs such as Best Song Ever and Story of my Life getting featured.
The top ten albums featured in the playlists are:
1. Midnight Memories – One Direction
2. American Teen – Khalid
3. Up All Night – One Direction
4. Doo-Wops and Hooligans – Bruno Mars
5. Teenage Dream – Katy Perry
6. Fearless – Taylor Swift
7. Fine Line – Harry Styles
8. Good Girl Gone Bad – Rihanna
9. thank u, next – Ariana Grande
10. Positions – Ariana Grande
A recent survey by findandfundmycar.com also revealed that 54 per cent of Brits are planning more staycations and road trips in 2021 compared to previous years.
Phil Morgan, Head of findandfundmycar.com, said: “With more staycations and road trips being planned for this year than previous years, families, couples and groups of friends are going to want to prepare their music for the long journeys well before they start travelling. We’ve put together the top 200 most played songs into a playlist so that roadtrippers have a good mix between old and new, and songs that are bound to make hours of travel more fun!”