Groupe PSA, owners of Peugeot, Citroen, Vauxhall and DS, has created a new set of social distancing and hygiene guidelines for its retail network, demonstrated by videos, ensuring showrooms are ready to open safely to the public as soon as the Government lockdown restrictions lift.
The new protocols are designed to protect both staff and customers and ensure social distancing when showrooms reopen. Since April, Groupe PSA Retailers have been accommodating safe home deliveries, conducted in accordance with official social distancing and hygiene measures.
Under the latest Government guidelines, Groupe PSA Retailers are also now able to facilitate Click & Collect services* for new and used vehicles, with Groupe PSA taking the necessary precautions to guarantee the safety of both its customers and staff.
Ready for when Government are able to lift the restrictions on car showrooms opening, Groupe PSA has created a set of new protocols for its entire retail network, including:
- Clear distance markers within showrooms
- Hand sanitiser stations on entry
- Availability of PPE for customers
- Sales and after-sales consultants to wear PPE and respect social distancing measures
- Work stations separated by two metres
- Screen dividers in place at counters/desks
- Card machines disinfected after every use
- Demonstrator vehicles to be fully disinfected and fitted with protective covers ahead of test drives, with sales consultants wearing PPE and sitting in the back
- Home deliveries available for customers
- Each retail site will also be fully cleaned daily, with customer refreshment stations closed
Customer videos have been created for Peugeot, Citroën, DS Automobiles and Vauxhall to explain the measures which will be implemented across their retail networks, so customers are fully prepared for their visit and confident in the protocols being implemented.
David March, Network Development Director of Groupe PSA said: “To ensure the safest possible environment for our customers and staff, we have already made the required changes to our retail network, so we will be ready to safely open our doors when the Government lifts lockdown restrictions. We have taken many of the same hygiene and social distancing rules established at our factories which are set to reopen soon.”
Following the latest Government advice, Vauxhall’s Luton plant will resume production on Monday with extensive measures in place to protect employees. These include staggered start times, one-way walking routes and PPE for all staff on site. The line will also stop every hour for
cleaning with an extra hour between shifts dedicated to cleaning and clearance, to ensure minimal mixing of staff at shift changeovers. All employees will have to record their own temperature twice per day and to have recorded 14-days without issue before being allowed on the premises.